As cheesy as it may be, Valentine’s Day is actually going to me my 3 year anniversary. 3 years ago, my boyfriend and I crossed paths at USC a couple of days before Valentine’s Day. To my surprise, he sent me flowers right after we met with a teddy bear saying “I Love You” and asked me out on our first date. We went out to a nice dinner on Valentine’s Day and have been together ever since. Now that we’re celebrating our 3 year anniversary, we’re much more low-key and prefer to spend the holiday by cooking a romantic dinner at home. But enough about me, let’s get to the real reason we’re all so excited about Valentine’s Day: dessert.
I love Valentine’s Day not because of all the hype that surrounds it. I’m a fan of Valentine’s Day for what it stands for: love. I think this love can be translated into so many outlets, but for me it symbolizes a time for me to share my intense love for dessert. And most of all, for chocolate. As I’ve grown up, I’ve come to appreciate chocolate on a much deeper level. I love making vegan chocolate desserts that are decadent and indulgent. It just goes to show that you don’t need dairy or eggs or refined sugar to make a dessert taste good!
Here are 5 vegan Valentine’s Day desserts that blow me away:
- Chocolate covered ice cream cups with freeze-dried bananas (Faring Well)
- Chocolate hazelnut mousse tarts with a graham cracker crust (Hot for Food)
- Black bean fudge brownies with chocolate chips (Wholehearted Eats)
- Dark chocolate & raspberry red velvet cake with beets (Raw-Lishious)
- Gooey chocolate mud cake with milk chocolate sauce (Earthsprout)