I know I’ve been telling you I have this epic Thanksgiving feast planned, and trust me I did. But when push comes to shove, I’ve simply run out of time. I wanted to be honest with you all that the time just snuck right up on me and here I am. It’s the day before we leave for Thailand and I haven’t packed yet and I feel like I’m going to have a meltdown. But don’t worry because these delicious vegan sides are here to save the day!
I am in no way skipping out on having traditional Thanksgiving comfort food this year. I just find it’s much easier and more manageable for me to make a couple of smaller sides instead of fussing over a big main dish. Think of it as having a bunch of tapas instead of choosing just one thing. I think it’s better to have more to munch on anyways. And I’ll still have time to pack for my trip. Whew, bring it on Thanksgiving food!
So here’s what I’m choosing from to make tonight:
- Roasted acorn squash topped with a Thanksgiving chesnut saute & gravy (Faring Well)
- Creamed corn made with silky coconut milk, sweet corn, and flax (Nutrition Stripped)
- Roasted cauliflower and garlic dip with crunchy toasted pepitas (Brooklyn Supper)
- Butternut squash sweet potato casserole with cinnamon maple pecans (Minimalist Baker)
- Crispy & delicious cajun spiced cornbread muffins (Brewing Happiness)