My inspiration for today’s round-up of vegan recipes with bananas is quite simple: I have a bunch of incredibly ripe, brown & spotty bananas that I need to put to good use. I normally either freeze my ripe bananas and turn them into nicecream or make my simple 4-ingredient oatmeal banana breakfast cookies. Those are my 2 go-to banana recipes, but I’ve ventured out too quite a bit with my banana overnight oats and banana bread donuts. But I’m feeling creative and want to turn my bananas into something delicious that I’ve never tried before!
If I had to list my top 3 favorite foods it’d probably be: bananas, dates, and potatoes. I am a carbaholic and carb up on a daily basis. As a runner, carbs are fuel for me and so far they’ve served me well. Bananas are great for aiding in digestion and providing you with energy. I love them so much, so I’m always sure to keep a pile of bananas in my kitchen at all times. I actually have a big fruit bowl dedicated to holding just bananas!
If you like bananas, then you’ve got to try these 5 awesome vegan and gluten-free recipes:
- Chewy chocolate chip banana bread blondies (The Full Helping)
- Chunky banana bread granola with coconut (Food Bandits)
- Buckwheat banana muffins with chocolate chips (Wholehearted Eats)
- Banana bread granola bars with chocolate drizzle (The First Mess)
- Simple raw, dairy-free banana “milk” (Nutrition Stripped)