Christmas time = Christmas cookies! There’s no shortage of cookies in my apartment in December because I’m making them all the time. I just started storing them in random places with different types and different flavors for when the cookie craving strikes. With all the holiday movies I’ve been watching, let’s just say the cookie craving comes often. But it’s not a problem when I’m prepared with healthy cookies made from vegan, plant-based ingredients!
I try to avoid refined sugar always, but particularly around this time of year. Since I know I’m eating lots of sweets, I try to keep them as low-glycemic as possible meaning I opt for coconut sugar, maple syrup, and brown rice syrup. I try my best but hey, we’ve all got to indulge every now and then and I figure there’s no better time to do it that now. So get all those cookies in before everyone starts ranting about New Year’s resolutions!
Here’s some vegan & gluten-free friendly Christmas cookie recipes to try out:
- Gooey, rich coconut sugar molasses cookies (Brewing Happiness)
- Sofy & chewy almond thumbprint cookies with raspberry jam (With Food + Love)
- Raw vegan vanilla cookie sandwiches with cinnamon date caramel (A Sunshine Mission)
- Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside cinnamon-y snickerdoodles (Oh She Glows)
- Melt-in-your-mouth thumbprint cookies with orange cardamom jam (Faring Well)