I’m sort of on the fence about New Year’s Eve at the moment. My boyfriend and I just got back from Amsterdam and are still catching up on sleep and getting back into our normal routine. I’ve never been one to go all out and make a fuss about New Year’s. After all, last year I decided to stay home in my apartment, cook a big celebratory meal, and watch TV instead of going out. Still not sure about what we’ll end up doing this year, but I wouldn’t mind staying in with a glass of one of these health-ified vegan cocktails and a good movie. How about you?
I’m not a big drinker (to be honest, I stopped drinking alcohol after college for the most part), but I’ll have a glass of wine every now and then. We went to the Ice Bar in Amsterdam where you go in a freezing cold room that’s negative 7 degrees and decked out with ice sculptures to take shots of vodka. I made it through that night, but I normally just order hot tea whenever we go out instead of alcohol. I make exceptions for holidays and special occasions, so I think I’ll be trying out one of these refreshing vegan cocktails to ring in the New Year. But I might just be drinking it while staying cozily at home.
Here are a couple of delicious, unique vegan cocktails worth celebrating with:
- Orange carrot tumeric mimosa = basically champage with built-in chaser (Brewing Happiness)
- Spiked peppermint hot chocolate made with raw cacao and a splash of vodka (Sophie Jaffe)
- Pumpkin, cinnamon, and apple-spiced sangria best served in a pitcher (Free People)
- Sparkling pear cider with club soda for a non-alcoholic option (Faring Well)
- Jazzed up rhubarb, grapefruit & thyme cocktails full of zest (Top with Cinnamon)