Some days, my head is just in the clouds. Today was one of those days. I was talking to my mom on the phone and wishing my dad a “happy birthday” when it hit me- I miss the outdoors. I miss my family and I miss the South. I miss being able to walk outside and be surrounded by trees, the sounds of birds chirping, and the cool breeze of the autumn air. Especially this time of year, I’m dreaming of home. I wish I could sit outside on my back porch and have a dinner party with my friends and family.
I’m not one who gets homesick very often. I wouldn’t have moved all the way across the world to Hong Kong if I was. But I can’t help but miss home every now and then. After all, I’m only human. There’s something about the stillness of my suburb in Georgia. It’s the town I grew up in. I actually lived in the same house my whole life. There’s literally a lifetime of memories there. In my dreams, I’d be back there and the first thing I would do would be to have all my family and friends over for a dinner party.
Here’s some beautiful fall dinner party inspiration:
- A classy barnyard dinner that brings out the best of the South (Tumblr)
- Modern outdoor fall tablescape decked out in copper and gold accents (Modwedding)
- Go bohemian by sitting on a big carpet outdoors surrounded by twinkle lights (One Fab Day)
- A rooftop dinner in Kentucky complete with a long barnwood table (Offbeat + Inspired)
- A girls candlelit dinner surround by all your best friends (Tumblr)