It’s here!! After posting this photo on Instagram a couple of weeks ago, I had a bunch of requests to share the recipe. So without further or do, get ready for the most delicious, addicting vegan and gluten-free chocolate chip cookie dough. Forget baking, the cookie dough is always the best part. Let’s be real. And when it’s vegan, that means you can eat as much of it as you want with no cares in the world! Happy hump day everyone.
I am hands down a cookie dough type of gal. It’s just so delicious. I mean by the time the cookies make it out of the oven, I usually realize I actually preferred the cookie dough to the baked cookies. Don’t get me wrong. I love freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. But there’s just something about eating the cookie dough straight out of the freezer that warms my heart.
Better yet, this recipe is perfect for sharing during the holidays! I haven’t met someone who doesn’t absolutely love cookie dough. So cuddle up, grab a spoon, and eat cookie dough to your hearts content. And if you like this recipe, check out my recipe for classic vegan chocolate chip cookies and vegan chocolate chip cookie dough bites.
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup organic turbinado cane sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Add the all-purpose flour and salt to a medium bowl and mix.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the cane sugar, brown sugar, sunflower oil, and water until well combined.
- If there are clumps of sugar, be sure to break them apart. The mixture should be even.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place the dough in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and roll cookie dough into balls using a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze.