It’s peanut butter jelly time! There’s no combo I like better than the classic PB&J. It’s my absolute favorite hands down. You really can’t go wrong with peanut butter, so I came up with this raw vegan peanut butter and strawberry jam crumble cake that’s perfect for dessert or even breakfast. And of course it’s great for taking to parties!
This entire cake is completely raw, vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free. The peanut butter cookie dough base is made from only 4 ingredients: peanut butter, dates, rolled oats, and coconut. Can you believe that’s it?
Then there’s a layer of delicious, raw strawberry chia seed jam. I used the leftover strawberry jam from the almond butter, banana, and strawberry chia jam sandwich that I made a couple of weeks ago. All you have to do is blend strawberries with some date syrup (or other liquid sweetener), mix in chia seeds, and let it sit in the fridge until it thickens into a jam.
I added a truly delicious peanut butter cookie crumble on the top. It’s made from oats, dates, and peanut butter. Yep, only 3 ingredients and just the right amount of extra peanut butter to top it all off. Because the more peanut butter the better, right?
I tried to keep this recipe as simple as possible because you don’t need much when it comes to PB&J. It’s a winning combo on its own! Plus I hope that you all are able to make it quickly and easily. I’m impatient when it comes to eating the food I make. So, the quicker I can throw the ingredients together, the better because it means the sooner I’ll get to dig in to this yummy creation!
I’m definitely not opposed to eating this for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or of course for dessert. I think you could squeeze in a PB&J cake just about anywhere in your day and you’ll be happy.
- 2 cups rolled oats, gluten-free
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp date syrup
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, gluten-free
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Add oats, dates, and shredded coconut to a food processor and process until combined.
- Add peanut butter and process until a sticky ball of dough forms.
- Press dough firmly into a round cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor and process until combined.
- Transfer to a jar and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to let it thicken.
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until combined.
- Take cake out of the freezer and spread the strawberry jam on top.
- Break the crumble up into pieces and sprinkle it on top of the base.