No-bake vegan cookie dough + peanut butter + banana ice cream = the perfect summer treat! I mixed up all my favorites to make this peanut butter cookie dough banana ice cream. It’s totally dairy-free, vegan & gluten-free with only a couple of simple ingredients like frozen bananas, dates, maple syrup, vanilla & peanut butter. This ice cream sundae will be your new favorite dessert in no time.
I basically never go a day without banana ice cream. It’s on my list of top 3 favorite foods. It’s actually number 1 right up there with rawnola. I just posted this recipe video for 2-ingredient vanilla banana ice cream on my Youtube channel showing you how to make it. So, you can just follow the video or see the recipe below for peanut butter banana ice cream. Either tastes really good!
It’s gotten so hot here in Hong Kong! Think mid-80s with the highest humidity that makes me sweat the second I walk out of our air-conditioned apartment. Not that I’m complaining, because I prefer the heat over cold weather any day. I find it’s a nice excuse for me to eat ice cream on a daily basis or a smoothie bowl topped with the most delicious vegan toppings like these cookie dough balls, peanut butter, rawnola, cacao nibs, raw chocolate sauce & more.
I wish everyone who hasn’t tried banana ice cream would try it! Because seriously it’s won over the most skeptic of ice cream fanatics. It’s so creamy, super simple to make, and tastes just as yummy as regular ice cream minus the dairy. I’ve got my freezer stocked with tons of pre-peeled & cut frozen bananas which is the way to go. My tip is to make sure you wait until your bananas get really brown & spotty because the riper they are then the more delicious and naturally sweet your banana ice cream will be!
For the vegan & gluten-free cookie dough, I blended together rolled oats, dates, vanilla powder, and maple syrup. Most no-bake vegan cookie dough recipes I’ve found call for cashews or almonds, but I wanted to make mine more budget-friendly and low-fat so I used gluten-free rolled oats instead. I think it makes the cookie dough more chewy and less dense which I prefer. And you only need 4 ingredients!
The cookie dough is completely naturally sweetened with a combination of Medjool dates and pure maple syrup. I just blended up all the cookie dough ingredients, rolled them into tiny balls, and stored them in the freezer to mix into my banana ice cream. Then, I drizzled peanut butter on top to complete this awesome vegan banana ice cream sundae!
- 4-5 frozen bananas
- 1 tsp peanut butter, plus more to drizzle on top
- coconut water, as needed
- 1 cup gltuen-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- Add rolled oats to a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Process until broken down into a flour-like consistency.
- Add in dates, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Process until a sticky ball of dough forms.
- Scoop out using a small cookie scoop or teaspoon and roll into balls between your hands.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Stick them in the freezer to set while you make the ice cream.
- Chop up frozen bananas into small pieces.
- Add bananas & peanut butter to a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Process on high, adding coconut water as needed until smooth & creamy.
- Scoop banana ice cream into a bowl.
- Top with cookie dough balls & a drizzle of peanut butter.
- Enjoy right away!