One of the first things I did when I got back from Christmas vacation was hurry to my kitchen to make banana ice cream! I had some serious cravings for nice cream when I was away in Amsterdam. I couldn’t wait to dig into this creamy, dreamy bowl of cinnamon nice cream made from just 3 ingredients! It’s completely vegan, dairy-free, raw, gluten-free, and nut-free. Throw a fresh batch of peanut butter rawnola on the side, drizzle it with maple syrup, and you’ll be in vegan ice cream heaven!
There’s nothing better than ice cream sundaes that are this easy to make and this healthy for you! The nice cream is made from just frozen bananas blended with cinnamon and coconut water until smooth. If you know me, you’ll know I just can’t stay away from nice cream for too long. It’s by far my all-time favorite breakfast!
As for the rawnola, it’s a raw vegan granola that I’ve been making for the past year and a half with no fail. It’s my go-to vegan granola recipe that tastes endlessly amazing on all sorts of nice cream, on its own, with smoothies, or even as a base for raw desserts.
This time I switched it up just a tad by adding a spoonful of peanut butter to my rawnola. Now, I think I’m going to make peanut butter rawnola in big batches and store it in jars. It’s super duper delicious and seriously addictive. I’ve realized that’s another thing I can’t go too long without: peanut butter. Rawnola, peanut butter, and nice cream are three of my favorite things to eat.
I drizzled pure organic maple syrup on top to round out the perfect nice cream sundae. If you try this recipe, please share with me on Instagram @asunshinemission because it makes me so happy to see how you enjoy my recipes!
- 4-5 bananas, frozen
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp coconut water, as needed
- 1 cup rolled oats, gluten-free
- 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Add frozen bananas and cinnamon to a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Process, adding coconut water a little bit at a time until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and stick in the freezer while you make the rawnola.
- Add all ingredients except peanut butter into a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until oats are broken down.
- Add in peanut butter and pulse until well combined.
- Take nice cream out of the freezer.
- Top with peanut butter rawnola and drizzle on maple syrup.
- Dig in!