Second time’s a charm! I can never get enough of pancakes. I made some blueberry banana pancakes a couple of weeks ago, and I’m back at it again.
This time I went for plain banana pancakes, simple & easy. I made a couple of tweaks to my original recipe to make a bigger batch. Fluffy, healthy, and super filling, these are perfect for pancake Sunday!
It’s important to fuel your body with nourishing, yummy foods in the morning. It’s when your metabolism gets started for the day. And I guarantee it will put you in a good mood!
I’m not one to skip on the syrup, and brown rice syrup is definitely a tasty vegan option!
I have this tradition where I make a special breakfast for myself on Sundays. It’s almost always pancakes, but I promise I am trying to venture out of my comfort zone more this year. Look out for more to come!
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Add the mashed banana, almond milk, and vanilla extract to a medium mixing bowl and stir.
- Sift in the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add the almond butter and mix until well combined.
- Heat some coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Spoon 1/4 cup measurements of the batter onto the pan.
- Let cook for 1-2 minutes, then flip over.
- Allow the other side to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add desired toppings and dig in!
*I prefer to top mine with vegan, gluten-free, & refined sugar-free brown rice syrup and some banana coins. But feel free to use whatever you have handy!