I’ve been wanting to share more of my daily meals with you all. As much as I like raw vegan desserts, realistically that’s not what I eat every single day. I thought it’d be helpful and fun to show you more nourishing, whole foods that I have regularly. First off, I’ve been jumping off the edge of my seat in excitement to share this simple, 2-ingredient recipe for raw vegan banana ice cream (a.k.a. nice cream) with rawnola. I eat it all the time for breakfast, because as a vegan ice cream for breakfast is most definitely allowed!
Right now, I’ve been sticking to mostly raw ’til four, high carb low fat vegan food because that’s what works best for me and my body. I’m not one to jump on food fads or trends, because I truly believe we all have different bodies that work in their own unique ways. This is just how I’ve been eating and it makes me so happy. I do not restrict my calories at all! I eat as much as I want, whenever I want, and I always eat until I’m full.
With that being said, yes you can have vegan ice cream for breakfast in the form of smooth, creamy banana ice cream. I go to sleep and always wake up craving it. At first the idea might sound a little absurd to you, but it’s a completely dairy-free, raw, vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free breakfast choice. So, honestly it’s actually probably healthier than most of your other options and can be made in under 5 minutes.
Banana ice cream, or nice cream as it’s known on Instagram, is the easiest ice cream you’ll ever make. Literally, all you need is frozen bananas and a little bit of coconut water or almond milk. It’s basic, simple, gloriously delicious, and perfect for any day of the week. I had a big, huge bowl of plain banana ice cream with rawnola for breakfast and lunch today, true story. Try it and I promise you’ll be hooked too.
As for the rawnola, you can never go wrong with a generous helping of it on top of your nice cream. I used my go-to basic rawnola recipe and added in a couple of slices of frozen banana because bananas make everything better. Wow, just wow. Now, I’m always adding in a little banana to my rawnola because it makes it more like a raw vegan banana caramel cookie dough. There’s really no words to describe how much I’m hooked on it. If you try this combo, please share with me on Instagram @asunshinemission!
- 4 frozen bananas
- coconut water or almond milk, as needed
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a couple of small slices of frozen banana (optional)
- Place bananas in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- You may need to scrape down the sides as you go, adding a little coconut water or almond milk as needed until it turns into ice cream.
- Place oats, coconut sugar, and cinnamon in a high-speed blender and blend for a couple of seconds until slightly broken down.
- Add in dates and process until well combined.
- If you want it more like a cookie dough, then add in a couple of pieces of frozen banana and process until it sticks together.
- Store in a mason jar.
- Scoop banana ice cream into a bowl and top with rawnola.
- Dig in!