Warm, perfectly soft on the inside peanut butter cookies! These remind me of my many Christmases as a child growing up in the South. My mom and I used to make these every year, except this time I made a healthy, vegan & gluten-free version without any refined sugar! They’re perfect for celebrating the holidays and taste so good right out of the oven. Peanut butter cookies are a crowd pleaser for sure, so make these for any of your holiday parties or just for family & friends. I absolutely guarantee they’ll be a hit! UPDATE: I just posted a new RECIPE VIDEO for these delicious cookies, so be sure to check it out below or on my Youtube channel.
I really hope you’re all liking these recipe videos! I got an early start on my New Year’s resolution this year which was to start doing video content on top of my regular blog posts. I was so intimidated for so long, but now that I’ve finally got around to making videos I realize how fun they are! I’ll be adding my videos to my posts as much as I can, but be sure to subscribe to my channel for more video updates.
I can’t get over how delicious these cookies are. They literally melt-in-your-mouth and it took some serious self control for me to not gobble them all down in one sitting. Add peanut butter to anything and it’s instantly a winner in my opinion.
These cookies are really easy to make, so for any of you out there that don’t want a big mess in your kitchen they’re for you. You really only need one bowl and 15 minutes to throw them together. There’s no nasties in them, just real whole foods meaning they’re a totally delectable & nutritious treat.
If you want, you could even cut them into festive shapes with Christmas cookie cutters before baking them. I loved them so much I made two batches in one week (my boyfriend’s special request). For the second batch, I made mine into snowflakes, a wreath, and snowmen. As my boyfriend said, these are “a winner”! So trust me when I say, you should definitely add peanut butter cookies to the top of your list.
Instead of flour, I blended rolled oats into a flour-like consistency to keep them gluten-free. Also, I added in some fresh almond milk instead of butter, cream, or milk to keep them dairy-free and vegan. Then, for the perfect amount of sweetness, I pulsed a couple of dates and mixed it with coconut sugar.
For the finishing touch on the best ever peanut butter cookies, I added a pinch of sea salt and pure Madagascar vanilla. Bake them for 10 minutes and there you go! You’ll be drooling over these vegan peanut butter cookies in no time. If you do try this recipe, please share with me on Intagram @asunshinemission!
- 1 cup rolled oats, gluten-free
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Pulse oats in a blender or food processor until they turn into a flour-like consistency.
- Add Medjool dates, coconut sugar, baking soda & sea salt and pulse until well combined.
- Transfer to a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix in peanut butter, almond milk, and vanilla until you get a creamy, soft dough.
- Scoop out tablespoon sized portions of the dough and roll into balls.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Gently flatten cookies with the back of a fork in a criss cross pattern.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then enjoy!