Ah, the all-American classic french fries. What would a football gameday be without them? I’m personally opting out of the greasier foods that’ll be passed around. But I don’t want to be left out of course, so I’ve made some baked sweet potato fries. That way I can enjoy the Super Bowl while staying healthy!
I’m pretty sure I could eat a whole plate on my own. So I suggest making a big batch, you’ll see them disappear quickly!
Don’t get me wrong, I could eat these plain all day long. But for gameday, I made some easy 4-ingredient ketchup to have on the side. It’s so much better than the grocery store brands that are packed with sugar.
I am a firm believer in treating yourself every once in a while. Eat what makes you happy and what makes you feel good. For me, that means eating plant-based, vegan & gluten-free meals and avoiding refined sugars and processed foods.
These sweet potato fries are a healthy, weekly indulgence for me!
- For the fries:
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp basil
- For the ketchup:
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Put your baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 415 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into fries (about 1/4 inch thick).
- Soak the fries in water for 10-15 minutes to remove the excess starch.
- Drain them and pat until completely dry.
- Toss them with garlic powder and basil.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and layer the fries in a single layer on the hot pan.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
- Flip the fries and broil them for 1 minute until the edges start to lightly brown.
- To make the ketchup, roast the tomato.
- Blend it with the garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Serve with the fries!