I’m taking notice of what recipes you all request on Instagram, so if you’re following me on there please give me a shoutout when you see something you’d like me to share here on the blog! I got really good feedback on this sticky date almond butter nicecream which is a new favorite flavor of mine. It tastes so much like salted caramel! It’s absolutely delicious, healthy, and super easy to make. I love sitting down with a big bowl of nicecream (or banana ice cream as you may know it) for breakfast or sometimes even lunch or dessert during the summer. I’ve added some rawnola balls too, because I put rawnola on everything.
I make my own almond butter by blending up almonds, coconut sugar, and pink Himalayan sea salt in my food processor. It takes a while to get it to turn into into almond butter consistency, but I think it’s totally worth it in the end because it always comes out so smooth and creamy. But feel free to use any nut butter you have! If your nut butter doesn’t have salt in it, then I recommend throwing in a pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt for that true salted caramel flavor.
This entire recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, oil-free, and paleo-friendly like all of the recipes I share. I can honestly say that I don’t miss ice cream anymore since nicecream came into my life. It doesn’t give me stomach aches like I used to get, before realizing that I was lactose-intolerant. Thank goodness for nicecream getting rid of that problem for me. I hope you enjoy this recipe and if you make it, please share your thoughts with me on Instagram!
- 4-5 frozen bananas
- 1 tbsp sea salt almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Add frozen bananas to a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Process on high, occasionally scraping down the sides.
- Once it starts to get smooth, add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Continue to process until creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Process until the mixture starts to stick together.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls between your hands.
- Top your nicecream with rawnola balls and dig in!