Salted caramel + energy balls = the perfect vegan dessert! I’m a big fan of bliss balls because they’re like an energy-packed dessert that’s healthy and delicious. I’ve always been a caramel lover as well, so when I was trying to think up a fun Valentine’s day treat I figured I’d make these. These raw salted caramel bliss balls would be great to make for a Galentine’s day party, to gift to your boyfriend or girlfriend, or just to treat yourself!
I have the biggest sweet tooth ever. If you’ve been following me, you’ll know I mostly make desserts and prefer a sweet breakfast over a savory one any day. Especially when it comes to the holidays that revolve around sweets like Christmas and Valentine’s Day, I truly go all out. It’s like a socially acceptable way for me to eat more sweets than I normally do.
The good part about these raw salted caramel bliss balls is they’re made with all-natural ingredients like rolled oats, dates, and coconut sugar. They’re gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, raw, refined sugar-free, nut-free, oil-free and paleo-friendly. So if you have allergies, these will be your new best friend!
I doubt any energy balls or granola bars on the market are as healthy as these babies. Honestly, they taste so delicious that you won’t even believe they’re healthy. My boyfriend is a big advocate of them because he says literally everyone would like them (vegan or not). Which is why they’re great for entertaining!
The biggest complaint I hear with gluten-free goods is that they’re too dry or the texture is off. Thanks to gooey Medjool dates, you really won’t have an issue with these. They are spot on in terms of chewiness, sweetness, and flavor. Bliss balls or energy balls or energy bites, you will never want to go another day without them.
I made these without any added oil or nut butters, so they’re low in fat too. Which basically means you can eat more of them without feeling as bogged down! I really like to take them with me as an on-the-go snack for when my sweet tooth hits. They’re truly a no-fail dessert. If you try this recipe, please share with me on Instagram!
- 1 cup rolled oats, gluten-free
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar, plus extra for rolling
- 2 tsp cinnamon, plus extra for rolling
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- water, as needed
- Add all ingredients except dates to a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Process until well combined and oats are broken down into a flour-like consistency.
- Add in dates and process until a sticky ball of dough forms, adding water as necessary to get it to stick together.
- Scoop out by the tablespoon and roll into balls between your hands.
- Mix an equal amount of coconut sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Roll balls in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Stick in the freezer for 30 minutes-1 hour to set.