Hello from Bali! Sorry that I’m a bit behind on posting, but we left for Bali yesterday and just arrived and got our feet on the ground. We’ve been trying to make the most of our trip, since we’re only here for a short period of time. We’re staying in the jungles of Ubud which is so stunning. It’s like a page straight out of “The Jungle Book”. I’m trying to keep up by squeezing in this recipe for delicious mango blueberry banana ice cream cups before my birthday tomorrow, so I can enjoy a technology-free day.
These ice cream cups would actually make a perfect alternative to a birthday cake! They’re like a cross between cupcakes and ice cream sandwiches. I’m all for a non-traditional birthday cake, since there are so many vegan desserts that I like. I want like a little bit of all my favorites: banana ice cream, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, and carrot cake. I told my boyfriend that all I want for my birthday tomorrow is to go on a dessert tour of Ubud.
Without further or due, I really hope you enjoy this recipe! Please share with me on Instagram what you think and I’ll be keeping my eye out for your comments. But just be aware I’ll be a bit MIA until next weekend, so thank you all for your patience!
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 3-4 frozen bananas
- Pulse oats, dates, coconut sugar, and cinnamon in a food processor until oats are broken down.
- Add in maple syrup and pulse until well combined. It should stick together when you press it together with your fingers.
- Scoop out by the tablespoon and press base evenly into the bottom of a muffin tin.
- Place in the freezer while you make the ice cream.
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Scoop out and smooth evenly on top of the base in the muffin tin.
- Place back in the freezer for 3-4 hours.