Name that song! Luckily it is the weekend, and not just any weekend but a three day weekend. You know what that means! It’s the perfect time to celebrate by making stacks of delicious pancakes and having your girlfriends over for brunch. At least that’s what I have planned so far. I decided to make these easy banana pancakes which are a total crowd pleaser. Who doesn’t love pancakes? And what’s great is that any mix-ins can be added depending on everyone’s preferences. Fruity, chocolatey, plain, syrup or no syrup. The choice is yours.
I’m going to set up a little “make-your-own” pancake bar with the batter already made. Then people can choose their mix-ins and toppings, and I’ll whip them up a fresh batch of their very own pancakes.
Mashed bananas, oat flour, and almond milk make up the base. Then you add some baking powder, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt before folding in the blueberries (or whatever mix-ins you’d like). That’s it, so simple!
Then I went to college where brunch was a Friday “happening” and pancakes were always on the menu. Needless to say, I’ve had my fair share of them but now I wanted a healthier version to satisfy my craving. So I cut out all the artificial sweeteners and came up with these vegan, gluten-free, & refined sugar-free pancakes.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (about 1/3 cup)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the mashed banana, almond milk, and vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and mix well.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir.
- Gently mix in the blueberries.
- Heat some coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 measurements onto the pan.
- Flip when you start to see bubbles forming (1-2 minutes).
- Let it cook for a minute more on the other side and remove from heat.
- Drizzle with brown rice syrup and enjoy!