Especially on chilly days, I find these oats extra comforting. And I go running every morning, so I always keep some in my fridge for an energy boost post-workout.
I’m going on a camping trip with my girlfriends this weekend, in the spirit of getting back to my southern roots. We are heading out to Malibu to a beautiful camp site in a canyon near the ocean. I can’t wait!
So, in preparation, I made a couple of jars of these overnight oats to take with me. I’m the only vegan out of the group, so needless to say I most definitely need to pack lots of snacks.
You can enjoy them right out of the fridge or warm them up in the microwave. I suggest making a couple of jars at once, they’ll stay good in the fridge all week. That way you can just grab them and go whenever you need!
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp brown rice syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a small mixing bowl, mash the banana.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Scoop the mixture into a 8 ounce mason jar.
- Seal the jar tightly and refrigerate it overnight.
- Take out of the fridge when you're ready to eat, top with whatever toppings you like, and enjoy!