This raw vegan donut cereal is basically the best ever. It’s all my favorite breakfasts combined into one: cereal + donuts + rawnola + sprinkles. It’s the perfect extra special treat for a special occasion, be it a birthday, anniversary, or holiday. The recipe itself requires only 1 bowl and 20 minutes to prepare! Plus, it’s dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free, and free of refined sugar. I hope you love this donut cereal as much as I do! This recipe makes enough for 2 servings, so you can share it or have it all to yourself for 2 days in a row like I did! I love making raw vegan desserts because the don’t require baking, which I find to be so much harder. For me, if you throw a bunch of dates and oats together, then you’re bound to come out with something yummy. You don’t have to worry about being exact or precisely measuring.
Another added bonus is you don’t have to wait for them to bake. I find that I worry less in general with raw vegan desserts. Stress free = happy me! The donut base is adapted from my almond butter rawnola shaped into mini donuts and rolled in sprinkles. The vegan sprinkles are an absolute must because they add an extra delicious crunch. This recipe was inspired by the lovely Sam from So Beautifully Real, who I really admire for her amazingly beautiful recipes and food photography.
On a more personal note, I’ve been so incredibly busy lately. Work has gotten so crazy that I feel like I’m constantly scrambling to stay on top of it. My business has been growing steadily the past couple of months which is great, but with success comes new challenges. Time has flown by and I feel like I can hardly keep a handle on everything. In the midst of this busy time, I feel like I’ve been slacking a bit when it comes to eating well. I know it’s natural, because of course when you’re busier it’s easier to fall into unhealthy habits. But I’ve come back full circle this week to eating more whole foods, instead of processed snacks. Snacks are my main weakness so it’s important for me to prepare healthy snacks ahead of time!
Anyways, I hope you’re having a great week! If you like this recipe, please be sure to share with me on Instagram.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt
- vegan sprinkles, for topping
- Add oats, dates, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt to a food processor.
- Process until oats are broken down into a flour-like consistency.
- Add in almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Process until a sticky ball of dough forms.
- Scoop out dough by the tablespoon and roll into a ball between your hands.
- Place balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Slightly flatten the balls with your hands.
- Use a straw to poke a hole through the middle.
- Place sprinkles in a small bowl and dip the top of the donut into the sprinkles.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes-1 hour to set.